Monday, June 9, 2014

The end....

That's it. I've been sick and bored with Eve for a long time. It became too elitist. It's the things I liked about the game in the first place that is now turning me away from it.
Back in the days shortly after Beta the game was quite open, and the decree that CCP would never interfere with the ingame stuff, and let that be handled via the playerbase was a dream to my ears.
What I failed to predict well, was that the nature of people in general would come to unfold.
For some reason I tend to insist that given time a sufficient intelligent population would find some sort of balance where there's room for everyone and the main objective is to create or construct.

This is not the case.... For the past couple of years I've seen the Goons rise to power, and from what I know they are still the people love to be and love to hate. They are essentially the griefers, well the organized griefers. Not saying that any and all grunts are scheming bastards, rather they wish to the the scheming bastards that prey on the weak for the lolz. It's a lifestyle, and I've noticed it being more and more common in society. In general people what to the the all powerful tyrant, with emphasis on tyrant.

Eve have slowly turned into a pretty rough emulation of reality, where the powerful gets their way, not because they are right. But because they are powerful.

Granted CCP has had their shares of megalomaniac moments, and their rep has been forever more stained. I still recall the T20 episode, and things haven't changed much to be honest.

Over the decade I've played, I've combined amassed some 250-300M skillpoints on 3 characters, with 2 of them being in the high profile class but there's no point in playing them. Everything has already been done and nothing will really change until the eve population implodes on it self.

I've tried many a times to drag people into playing. My first struggle have been for people to understand there's no mercy and it's a dark place. 2nd. Have always been the fact that it is not an easy game, it takes time and skill to play. 3rd. Lately I've tried to convince people that there's still a world. No more. I'm quiting.

I'm not even rage quitting, and I have a sense that I'll return one day. But honestly I don't think so.

Good bye Eve, you have been a wonderful companion

No comments:

Post a Comment