Monday, June 2, 2014

Aaaaand let's tear it down and rebuild somewhere else.

So I've kinda nailed this PI stuff now.
I know I promised pictures, they aren't coming.

The big problems in this would be the need for enough Lava/plasma planets to extract enough Chiral structures and Plasmoids from.

With my current design you have 2 extractors with 4 heads each doing a minimum of 18k pr hour. That is routed to a warehouse, that stores the P0 while 2x3 factories are converting them to P1 and sending it to a Launchpad. The factories I place in a spider formation with closest range to warehouse possible, and a single link to the Launchpad (The extractors link to the warehouse, again as short as possible).

From the launchpad the P1's are processed by 3 advanced factories building transmittes, routing that back to the launch pad. and that yields 15 transmitters pr. hour provided the extractors are pulling at least 18k pr hour.

The setup can run for roughly 3 days before you need to purge the launchpad.

The other set can be put a on barren/gas/storm, same setup, but building watercooled CPU's.

The transmitters are picked up and shipped to a processing planet Currently I have a 12 factories setup churning out 36 Guidance systems pr hour, provided it's kept feed with transmitters and CPU's, Having a launchpad for CPU's and one for transmitters eliminated the need to planetside transports and one launchpad can store good for 2 days of running. The guidance systems are routed to a 3rd launchpad to extraction.

This setup takes roughly 15M to setup pr planet and with it running a week or so it's just flipping the bottom line into green now.

But alas, C4 is a bit too heavy for me and another option have opened for me: C3 and I'm going there to settle in calmer waters. That means every needs to be shut down and rebuild, and the planet selection pose a challenge as I lack sufficient planets.

A more dynamic and effective solution seems to be my choice with planets focusing on a single extractor and P1 material, and rely on secondary input.
in terms of yield I seem able to build 4 Advanced factories on each planet (with 8 basic factories) but rely heavily on transporting and distributing the P1 materials for P2 processing, or maybe I should consider having P2 processing planets and increase the P1 production pr planet. I'll have a look at it slowly during this week after I've entered and settled with the C3. The baseline from here is 6 planets X 15 P2 X 0.5 X 24 hours X 3 Characters X 0.1 = 3.240 Cycles = building 3 systems = 9.720 Guidance systems produced pr day. (which is a bit insane and over the top)......

3240 spread over the 24 hour day = 135 Factories which is a bit excessive, as I've only had 12 on a planet thus far. Seems I'm up for a lot more balancing acts.

No comments:

Post a Comment