Monday, December 24, 2012

War!

The past week haven't been that pretty. I hear 450M is the weekly contract. Yet we're getting wardecked from to day onwards.

We don't expect it to hold up, after all they are mostly griefers looking for easy kills with great killboard stats. But that's not really going to happen.
Of course if I undocked a hulk on a daily basis as I've been doing for a while with Concord to protect and serve. They would have it their way.

But I'm not going to do that. Not sure what I'll do, but mining sounds like a no go. Of course the rest of my fleet fellows are unaffected, and will continue as usual and promise to include me as possible.

All this isn't something overly new. Since the expansion I've noticed an increase in griefer ganks. The last one I encountered I had a minor chat with. He was coming from test so intelligence wasn't something I expected in the first place. But anyhow here's his perspective:

He wants a 1B bounty on his head. the means to do so is to miner gank in Highsec.

He was flying 2 destroyers (I suspect him of having an alt on board) mostly T2 fitted.
Of course he was successful in both popping my hulk and the pod. still going back I salvaged a full T2 setup to fit on a Thrasher. (couldn't have been cheap the ammo alone...) 

Having a minor chat I understood he either
a. wasn't aware of the price tag on his riggings
b. was sponsored.
Of course seeing where he comes from that makes sense, but still he could have done so with considerably less expensive equipment.
I was flying a hulk, I ended up taking little under 8k total damage, in 3 strikes.
I was flying in 0.5 so concord was at least 30 seconds to arrive.
So essentially 3 weapons cycles dealing 3k. Raw damage. I'm doing 500 pr salvo using 5 launchers. He was 2 setting my meager skills to do 1k which is 33% of what he did.

Anyway that's not the point. He got a kill mail on my hulk around 200M, losing 2x 25m that's only 150 for a barge kill. Not very effective in my book, guess they let anyone in to Test now a days.

He's not going to take my focus any longer anyhow.
My point is that this behaviour is becoming prevalent. Since the expansion I've seen the take down of 5 Exhumers. That's alot. and it's not exactly cheap, yet it's still within coverage I hear. But then again if we gather 400M pr week, we can drop an exhumer pr week and still make a profit.
For now I'm in a mack (it's cheaper, yet even more boring then a hulk. But let's see, if we're to relocate during Christmas also let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment