Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ups, I did it again.


Sorry for the wait, summertime tends to be offline time sooo.

I've lost the Cruiser.... Again...Sleeping.... Again....

Yep, it happens. Mission grinding isn't really that exciting and with my already pretty long hours it happens that I fall asleep during warp. Pretty stupid feeling you get when you realize that you've arrived but you're now in a pod. But hey I remember wrongly.

The last cruiser wasn't lost to sleep it self, rather I lost it as I was pushing it... You know that mission where there's a juicy target that with skill and caution you can just do it? Well, don't throw caution to the wind then... I seriously hate it when you see your shield and 50% armor go *puff* in a single volley before you've aligned to anything. Most likely you already know there that the ship is lost, yet still you hang on to the hope that you'll make it out.....

You feel exceptionally stupid when you return in a ligther setup to retrieve the valuable loot, especially as you get instapopped when you arrive...

How often have you been sitting there with an evil look in the eyes stirring at your freshly conjured pod?
Grinding and proberbly also in many other fields, you already know before you see the pod that this is bad, and it's your fault. Maybe not directly, but in the end it's your fault. You made the stupid choise, be it on false information (you choose to trust), griefing players (You choose to trust, or didn't prepare for), Stupid fleet members that do stupid things like activating smartbombs in tigth formations (You didn't leave the fleet).

Rarely have I ever heard of anyone being a trust victim in eve, sure I hear the noob tears flowing, and the salt  of frechly grinded carebears that doesn't get it.

Maybe this is way I like Eve so much. You take responsibility or you die/remove your self from the game. Sure you can always blame someone for your demise, you can even whine and bitch about it.
Any veteran here would know that this doesn't ever help your case, infact it's worsening from your tears, which is a common priced dish served quite often in Eve.

Sometimes I'd love to see that attitude manifest in the real world. And there's alway only one solution. Back on that horse.


Ohhh, you want the kill mails, i know it:

2012.08.20 01:27:00

Victim: Maxx Loproc

Damage Taken: 11938

Involved parties:

Name: Mercenary Commander / Unknown (laid the final blow)
Damage Done: 11938

Destroyed items:

'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I (Cargo)
Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 28 (Cargo)
Experimental 10MN Afterburner I (Cargo)
'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I (Cargo)
'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I (Cargo)
Ballistic Control System II (Cargo)
Power Diagnostic System II (Cargo)
Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 28 (Cargo)
Kinetic Deflection Amplifier II (Cargo)

Dropped items:

Hobgoblin I (Cargo)
'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I (Cargo)
Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 28 (Cargo)
Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 28 (Cargo)
Green Arisite, Qty: 34 (Cargo)
Acolyte I (Cargo)
Medium Shield Booster II (Cargo)
Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 28 (Cargo)
Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 5945 (Cargo)
'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I (Cargo)
Ionic Field Accelerator I (Cargo)
Medium Subordinate Screen Stabilizer I (Cargo)
Small Standard Container (Cargo)

And as I was on a mining mission and needed to retrieve the ore, I went to pickup the loot:

2012.08.20 01:44:00

Victim: Maxx Loproc

Damage Taken: 1859

Involved parties:

Name: Mercenary Commander / Unknown (laid the final blow)
Damage Done: 1859

Destroyed items:

Adaptive Invulnerability Field I (Cargo)
Hobgoblin I (Cargo)
Medium Subordinate Screen Stabilizer I (Cargo)
Green Arisite, Qty: 47 (Cargo) !!!!Mission objectives!!!
Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 6001 (Cargo)
Expanded Cargohold II (Cargo)
Expanded Cargohold II (Cargo)
'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Small Tractor Beam I (Cargo)

Dropped items:

Suppressed Targeting System I (Cargo)
Experimental 10MN Afterburner I (Cargo)
Medium Shield Booster II (Cargo)
Expanded Cargohold II (Cargo)
Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 28 (Cargo)
Ionic Field Accelerator I (Cargo)
Acolyte I (Cargo)
Gneiss, Qty: 1953 (Cargo)

Man you feel stupid when you start aligning an half blasted iteron where you just lost a combat cruiser....

At any rate getting the tool back (mission grinding cruiser) I luckyly had my original fitting designs, just needed to fetch everything scatteret all over + I had some improvement ideas.
This is the end design with a few modifications as I'm not done with Shield Management 5 yet and so on:


No comments:

Post a Comment