Monday, June 11, 2012

Progress


It's been awhile with no updates.
And that's mainly as I had to resettle.

I started out getting help raising fund, mining. and we choose a 0.9 system relatively close to the starter systems. at the time it seems a good I idea, as i could use most of the time running L3 Missions while someone else simply gathered minerals to refine and sell on the spot.

Quickly it turned into a can-flipping fest. My friend was used to mining big ops and with that you have haulers and protectors, so jet-canning  was something timed for can recycle of one can with a 5 minute stamp, and it would be picked up eventually.

Close to the starter systems can-flipping is more common and loads of income was lost this way. With usual apathy. But I needed to raise above an income pr. hour to keep things going. And I would end up having to focus solely on hauling to deal with the problem.
Also that wouldn't really be an option either when I got around to barge mining. I really would want to care for mining with anything less. and I'm not far from the covetor now, think Mining upgrades, and Barge are the last 2 books (and Astrogeology 5).

Anyway, for the the target is set at 1 million m3 pr week, and I've acquired a Stations vault for easy measure. I usually attend 5 days a week, meaning 200.000 m3 pr session, and I'd like to sleep. So supporting until 3 in the morning isn't an option. But current installations seems to provide well 75k pr. hour meaning 3 hours of focus will do if we keep it up, less once I get a barge (more if I need to do it on my own).

For the number freaks:
First week of June gave 500k highsec ore, refined and sold = 85 Millions (Rough numbers).
Last week here gave 1M of Sec 0.6 ore, and we didn't dent the system much, refined and sold = 180M
Current balance = 315M, Current estimated plex price < 500M.
2 weeks left of june to provide 185M meaning 95M isk pr. week should carry.
I'll try and maintain the 1.000.000 m3 quote of ore, with any surplus being carried over to next week.






















Hmmm, this is hard to read, I must find better display options.
But it's what I'm told to be the default Exhumer / Barge setup, and it makes some sense to me. Yet I don't like the survey scanner and would love to put something else there, but I fail to find anything that will fit. Same goes with the riggings, I don't have the skills for it, but is it worth rigging a vessel like that?

With Hulkagedon continuing forever, hulks aren't really something I'd consider flying before being a Billionaire, and that's not going to happen soon.

What scares me the most is how quickly I fall into the miners role, I keep telling my self it's just while I build the skills for a navy raven able to spew missiles spam. As Curzon Daxx sings it. Yet fact remains that mining at this point seems more of a reliable source of steady income with little to no risk, that even during hulkagedon. And it's not like I even venture low sec or the like. Trouble is that it's just and only isk. Nothing but isk, you don't acquire standing. The coms tend to be quit. Looking at the CAS corp channel that might even be a blessing.

That must begin as my next project, socialization. Wonder if joining a corp would be a good thing. Yet from experience, I need to cover the cost of my account first. With the mantra : Don't expect to bring back what you undock. Undocking from CAS could be expensive.
Come to think of it, mission whoring??? what respectable corp would seek people for that. CAS is safe..
Anyway that must become next project. First off I'll need the Covetor undocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment